New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

0-13 Years

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Introduction

My name is Dominique P. My last name means “little Easter”, my middle name means “God is my judge” and my first name means “lord”. Lots of religion. There was probably some expectation hidden in my name, probably a little hint of what I should focus on in my life. I come from a Catholic family where some of us are religious and some aren’t. The most religious person in my family, in my opinion, is my Mom Mom. She never fails to miss a Sunday of church. Under her influence, I think, was my dad sending me to CCD for the first time in my life. There I was, a little, shy second-grader, standing in a room of kids who had already been there for two years. They already knew about God, and I was certainly one who hated going to church. I quickly found a seat in the back of the room, sitting alone and smiling faintly and nodding when someone talked to me. I wasn’t exactly the most energetic person in the world, but I showed up. That’s what counts right? No, that’s not what counts. Family is what counts. My family is not only the main reason I went to CCD, but also the main reason for every choice and step I make in life. They have taught me everything and they’ve always been as loving and caring as anyone could be. They are going to continue to be this way throughout my whole life and alive or passed, I know they’re there for me. My family has taught me all the words I live by and all the examples I should follow, including being a Catholic. I want to pay tribute to them in this short literary piece and I hope it shows how much I currently and will love and care for them, forever.