Home > Art / Photo > Woodcuts > I'm Beautiful

I'm Beautiful

Report abuse
Description:
A picture of me plus a small poem I created.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 22 comments. Post your own!

EJK143 said...
really great job

SarahRyanne said...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 9:11 pm:
I like this very much! Even though you said it only took 3 minutes, it is very true and relatable.. You ARE beautiful, and don't let anyone let you think otherwise. :)

Tatyana D. said...
Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:53 pm:
I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH, I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH!!!

Kat1712 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:21 pm :
Do you REALLY?

Panda500 said...
that is so cool that u live in indonesia how old r u when u moved their how long have you been their what brought u their by the way u just inspired me with your poem iv had problems with my weight and stuff so that actually was better advice than any therapist or nutritionist could give me

DuriChick replied...
Nov. 16, 2010 at 10:45 pm :
I moved here when I was in fourth grade and have been here ever since. It's great to know that my work is impacting people in ways that a professional can't. :)

Dragonscribe said...
Hey, do you really live in Indonesia? Way cool! What's it like there - nothing specific, I'm not a stalker. I just think that's so neat, that we can be talking on this website when I'm in the U.S. and you're in Indonesia. Please don't think I'm an idiot for asking this, but do you speak English there? : )

DuriChick replied...
Oct. 21, 2010 at 5:51 am :
It's fine. :) I do actually live in Indonesia, and I love it here. The school is small - very small. My class has three people in it so we're combined with the grade below us. It's an expat school, expats are people from other countries that live and work in a foreign country. We do speak English, but we also learn Bahasa - the Indonesian language. Thanks for asking, not many people actually approach me after finding out I live in Indonesia. 

IamtheStargirl said...

I really like this, it kind of points fun at societies ideals of beauty.

Number 1: you took the pic with a webcam, not something people generally do when promoting their looks.

Number 2: The words are small, and strangely placed, as if you really didn't care, but did have a point to get across.

Sadly, it isn't a woodcut (whatever that is), but everyone makes the mistake of misplaceing an article or artwork at one time or another.

I applaud you.

DuriChick replied...
Aug. 29, 2010 at 3:23 am :
Thank you. :)

skribbelz13 said...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 12:55 am:

the reason you're getting ripped on for this is ' cause:

1) you didn't use the right camera (I know its supposed to show "untouched" or "natural" beauty, but it looks like its from a webcam)

2) the words weren't added in a professional looking manner

3) the poem, though short, needs a little more depth

its a great concept and all, and i applaud you on that, its just that the layout isn't exactly aesthically pleasing, but with a little work, you have the potential t... (more »)

DuriChick replied...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 5:59 am :
I agree with all of those. Thanks for the constructive criticism. I did take it on a webcam and it was done in three minutes. Thank you again.

dylonmichael replied...
Aug. 11, 2010 at 7:12 pm :
i do agree with scrib... i see great potinetial

Dragonscribe replied...
Oct. 19, 2010 at 4:33 pm :
Yeah, don't feel bad about what scrib said, Durichick. Since you said "it was done in three minutes" i have a feeling you didn't really mean to make this a stellar photograph. But all the same, it looks good.

Chimerical said...
Jul. 20, 2010 at 2:11 pm:
I like the quote, you look cute too <3 don't mind those other comments they dont know how to deal with their feelings lol

DuriChick replied...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 2:10 pm :
Thanks, it's nice to know someone appreciates something I do. I purposely didn't wear any makeup or anything to emphasize my point. So, it isn't me at my best ;)

CLYIdontknow said...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 2:34 pm:
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

DuriChick replied...
Jul. 18, 2010 at 6:03 am :
And what do you find so funny?

DuriChick said...
Jul. 8, 2010 at 3:51 am:
tuI know that it isn't a wo

superswim_19 said...
Jul. 3, 2010 at 11:15 am:
no offence but i don't feel its a loss for me not loving u. and u look kinda freaked out in this pic, too.