Surrealism Drawing | Teen Ink

Surrealism Drawing

By Kayroxy101 GOLD, Ringwood, New Jersey
Kayroxy101 GOLD, Ringwood, New Jersey

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference." ~ Robert Frost

"I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence."~ Augustus Waters, The Fault in Our Stars

Salvador Dali, the leader of surrealism, was my inspiration for this project. Surrealism is a 20th-century movement in art and literature that sought to release the creative potential of the unconscious mind. I really enjoyed this project because it was very liberal. I could express whatever I wanted to.

I love surrealism because it is so interesting. It’s a doorway into the artists mind. Ideally, everything in my picture means something. I won’t go into details but in general this picture represents: family, safety, growth, universality, and the idea of fantasy worlds.

Similar images

This art has 3 comments.

Kayroxy101 GOLD, Ringwood, New Jersey

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,

Thank you so much!

Deej6595 BRONZE, Billerica, Massachusetts

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

I love the themes that you expressed and surrealism is one of my favorite movements. This is a really great look into your  mind.

Edytta said...
on Feb. 3 2012 at 9:29 am
I love the drawing and well written description. A very creative, full of movement and images piece of art. Amazing!