Home > Art / Photo > Watercolors > Half Alive

Half Alive This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Report abuse
Description:
One of my favourite watercolours. I painted it on a whim one night.

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This piece has also been published in Teen Ink's monthly print magazine.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 17 comments. Post your own!

JofieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30 at 1:53 pm:
I love love LOVE this painting!!! :D Really, really awesome :)

TheNostalgicVermin said...
Feb. 14 at 2:10 pm:
Absolutely beautiful. Reminds me of a mermaid (which, in fact, happens to be a favorite mythological creature of mine)

PaperArmageddonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Omigosh, this is amazing! Love the color too, blue is the best :)

WilliamGraham3265 said...
Sometimes I feel like this....this is such a motivation!

chrissie said...
wow, that's good. really good. really good

SmokyRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is so breathtaking! So incredible! I love the way it just mystifies the eyes. Beautiful color too!

Unknown0_0 said...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:55 am:
So pretty, like made from the sea foam.

ElkieLion This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 5, 2012 at 11:29 am:
That's so beautiful!!!

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 17, 2012 at 7:05 am:
It's very pretty. The figure looks like a sea fairy or some other mystical creature. Like the way the viewer clearly sees half her profile, she appears barely there---like she might vanish at any point.

COLORrcks said...
Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:12 am:
this is beautiful i tried something like this and it didnt work :D

FreedomIsMyVirtue said...
Nov. 2, 2011 at 8:00 am:
I like the color. It's like you use a blue pencil instead of watercolor. I like how you form this painting whole with the use of only one color. Great job!!! :)

SkimKimchiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
                              WOW!!!! :D

Christina C. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
There's a lot of emotion revealed from the artwork. Sometimes, you feel like you're half alive and your face becomes like that. I love the meaning of it. Simple and beautiful.

M. said...
This is beautiful...watercolors have always fascinated me, but I can never get them to do what I want. You have obvously mastered the art perfectly.

KimenSnow said...
The colors and facial expressions fit perfectly. I like it.

HoldingFast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 10:30 am:
omygosh, how do you do that! i like how watercolors look but i can never get them to work how i want!

_Anomaly_ replied...
Oct. 14, 2011 at 10:26 pm :
Thank you. Yeah, watercolours are tricky. They take some practice.