Home > Art / Photo > Watercolors > Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Report abuse
Description:
The idea for this piece is that the girl feels like she doesn't live up to the world's standard of beauty. (I don't think the picture conveys the message very well, however, so I may redraw this piece.)

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This piece has also been published in Teen Ink's monthly print magazine.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 59 comments. Post your own!

AsianAl said...
Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:45 pm:
What I'm saying is this, nice art and it's very original. Good description too about the character.

AsianAl said...
Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:44 pm:
Instead of doing something traditional..........you did something original!!!

Miranda_K. said...

I love every element of this.

The concept is powerful. The art work is amazing. The colors are stunning. There is nothing wrong with this.

sherrinford This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:18 am:

I'm surprised nobody as mentioned your roses at the background. They're beautiful. The colors in the hair are amazing too. So diverse and yet they all come together wonderfully. The shadings on the skin are very subtle too, a touch of yellow here and there. The eyes, good God, are gorgeous. Look at the irises and the eyelashes! Well done.

Just one thing, the expression is a bit vague. Maybe you can do something with the eyes to bolden her face and make it more intense? Perhaps you made... (more »)

3va101 said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:25 pm:
i don't know why once i started looking at your work i became soooo inspired! each of your work has so much meaning to it + they are beautiful!

PenelopePlease said...
I would love to use this in my new blogger - I ♥ Pentacles - with your permission., of course. I'm posting something on Aradia, an Italian witch, and thought this picture was perfect. Please consider. :)

Lioness_Eyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 4, 2012 at 2:52 pm :
Thanks for asking :) I'd much rather you ask than I just see it somewhere and no idea who put it there. Go right ahead and use it. Please make sure to include a click-through link to this TeenInk page. :)

PenelopePlease replied...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 7:02 pm :
Thanks, I'll be sure to include a link. :)

raindance72 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so beautiful. The facial structures and shading are well defined yet subtle. I love your work!

sunshine04 said...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:41 am:
this is amazing and the most beautiful part of it is the theme is as beautiful as the arttttt

SportyKelso64 said...
Oct. 1, 2011 at 9:53 am:
Wow........ This is beautiful! You have some talent..... Alot of talent. :)

Angelica M. said...
Jul. 19, 2011 at 4:57 am:
This is beautiful. When I clicked on this picture and it enlarged itself, it completely took my breath away. <3

LakeSide said...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 11:15 pm:
this is just beyond great. i love all your work but this is my favorite! :)

JustineD said...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 2:11 pm:

Wow, a very beautiful piece. I also love the message that this is trying to convey. Women (and girls) today seem to be constanatly influenced by America's materialism and the media. 'If you don't have this kind of body you're not beautiful', 'if you don't wear makeup you're not worth it'. Even things like how much body hair you have or whether there are braces in your mouth has become a point of controversy. It's great that someone expressed this in a watercolor as pretty as this. :)

O... (more »)

Fife-Tefe said...
Mar. 31, 2011 at 2:57 pm:
Thats wonderfull

jeremylovesjordan said...
Mar. 9, 2011 at 2:16 pm:
Oh wow! this is purdy! i love it!

CookieViking said...
Feb. 15, 2011 at 4:55 pm:
I love the eyes.so bright!!

amanda1997 said...
Feb. 12, 2011 at 8:53 pm:
This is beautiful. It's an amazing message and it's conveyed perfectly. Don't change it one bit!

Nayanika said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 9:47 am:
more beautiful than your art is the thought you put behind it.

sunshine04 replied...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:42 am :
i am sooo agreeingwith u this is par excellence