Home > Art / Photo > Watercolors > SANKRANTHI

SANKRANTHI

Report abuse
Description:
Sankranthi is one of the festivals for the people of India.It is celebrated by the people belonging to Telengana and Andhra Pradesh states in India.This festival is considered very important by the farming...(more »)

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 3 comments. Post your own now!

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Uh.. would you mind telling me the exact date of the festival (preferably in the lunar calender), I'm interested!

GSreeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 13, 2015 at 4:21 am
The festival is celebrated in the month of January.The exact date is difficult to tell as depending on some astrological calculations astrologers tell us the dates.It is a three day festival.The first being "Bhogi",second being "Sankranthi" and third being "Kanumu"Mostly it is celebrated from 14th to 16th of January.

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 4, 2015 at 9:56 am
Very interesting, thank you!