Towards Light | Teen Ink

Towards Light

By Mariam_Jamal BRONZE, Lagos, Other
Mariam_Jamal BRONZE, Lagos, Other

Similar images

This art has 5 comments.

on Mar. 22 2015 at 10:49 am
Mariam_Jamal BRONZE, Lagos, Other
The top left corner is a dark green. I wanted dark colors but didn't want to use only black, and blue would look a bit awkward in this painting so I used a bit of green.

on Mar. 22 2015 at 10:27 am
Mariam_Jamal BRONZE, Lagos, Other
@sassyunicorn Thanks again. :)

on Mar. 22 2015 at 10:26 am
Mariam_Jamal BRONZE, Lagos, Other
@Livewire I really appreciate your comment. It means the world to me that somebody can infer so much about how I was feeling that day by just one painting. =)

on Feb. 8 2015 at 11:49 am
sassyunicorn BRONZE, Chatham, Other

'If you can imagine it, you can achieve it, if you can dream it you can become it':William Arthur Ward

This is amazing.

Livewire said...
on Oct. 22 2014 at 12:11 pm
Livewire, Hartfod, Connecticut
I seriously love this piece. What I specifically  like the mos tis the way you utilized color to represent emotion . I directly know that a artist may have different reasons for choosing the same color, bu tin this case Im going to justmp ahead and infer the red represents some sort of danger. I also liked how you utilized the ornge. I am not sure whetever it has much importance on the emotion you showed in this painting but it does however give a good transitionioning from the darker edges to center in which it draws back your title. I can also see a little bit of magenta in there ( I think 0 which is my favorite color. However I am a little confused whetever the color utilized in the top left corner is black or a very dark green. but I don thtink thats relevant at all :) . Overall really nice piece I like the way you took a simple concept and created something that can cause deep thought to any person who see this. Keep doing what you are doing .