Home > Art / Photo > Sculptures > Paper Rose

Paper Rose This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Report abuse
Description:
I made this paper rose out of old magazine pages. It turned out beautiful.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 17 comments. Post your own!

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 8, 2012 at 5:48 pm:
Really cool~ It's so creative.

LeiMairi said...
awww I Love It! 

Garfild said...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 10:16 am:
That's cool. How did you make that?

trangh_64 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 7:42 pm :
I used magazine pages to cut out rose pedal-like shapes, then I curled the tips with the edge of the scissors, and a like glue to keep the pedals in place. Pretty easy and really fun to make!

AngelsLullaby said...
Wow! Thats skill. Amazingly beautiful talent.

Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:05 pm :
Thank you SO much! :)

trangh_64 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aw...thanks! :D
It isn't exactly origami because it involves cutting and shaping sereval sheets of paper. But I made it with old magazine pages so I was turning "trash" to art! You should try it too! :D

SkimKimchiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That's beautiful and amazing at the same time! is that origami? I love the way it came out. 5 stars

BlueBubbles95 said...
Sept. 11, 2011 at 10:21 am:
Love it, wish I knew how to make them.

Sept. 12, 2011 at 12:21 am :
Thank you! You could easily learn how to make one. Just observe the pattern and shape of a rose, fold the paper twice, then diagonally, and stetch half of a petal. After that, cut the pattern out, but leaving the pointed end connected, so then you would have four petals for each layer.

BlueBubbles95 replied...
Sept. 20, 2011 at 5:40 am :
Thanks, Im so going to try that.

LazyDaisyLovesYou said...
Aug. 23, 2011 at 12:51 am:
I love it! How did you make it? I would love to make a bunch for my room! :)

Sept. 12, 2011 at 12:18 am :
It wasn't hard to make at all. You just have to work with one layer of the rose at a time and curl the edges to give it a nice look. Working with magazine pages is easier than copy paper because it is thinner, so it is easier to curl the edges.

HateKnuckleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

One of the few sculptures on here worth anything. REALLY good. 5 stars.

Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:24 am :
Thank you so much! That means a lot to me :)

Thank you! I enjoyed making it.

shadowriderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 12:23 am:
This is so gorgeous!