Home > Art / Photo > Sculptures > Paper Rose

Paper Rose This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Report abuse
Description:
I made this paper rose out of old magazine pages. It turned out beautiful.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 17 comments. Post your own now!

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really cool~ It's so creative.

LeiMairi said...
awww I Love It! 

Garfild said...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 10:16 am
That's cool. How did you make that?

trangh_64 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I used magazine pages to cut out rose pedal-like shapes, then I curled the tips with the edge of the scissors, and a like glue to keep the pedals in place. Pretty easy and really fun to make!

AngelsLullaby said...
Wow! Thats skill. Amazingly beautiful talent.

Thank you SO much! :)

trangh_64 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aw...thanks! :D
It isn't exactly origami because it involves cutting and shaping sereval sheets of paper. But I made it with old magazine pages so I was turning "trash" to art! You should try it too! :D

SkimKimchi said...
That's beautiful and amazing at the same time! is that origami? I love the way it came out. 5 stars

BlueBubbles95 said...
Sept. 11, 2011 at 10:21 am
Love it, wish I knew how to make them.

Sept. 12, 2011 at 12:21 am
Thank you! You could easily learn how to make one. Just observe the pattern and shape of a rose, fold the paper twice, then diagonally, and stetch half of a petal. After that, cut the pattern out, but leaving the pointed end connected, so then you would have four petals for each layer.

BlueBubbles95 replied...
Sept. 20, 2011 at 5:40 am
Thanks, Im so going to try that.

LazyDaisyLovesYou said...
Aug. 23, 2011 at 12:51 am
I love it! How did you make it? I would love to make a bunch for my room! :)

Sept. 12, 2011 at 12:18 am
It wasn't hard to make at all. You just have to work with one layer of the rose at a time and curl the edges to give it a nice look. Working with magazine pages is easier than copy paper because it is thinner, so it is easier to curl the edges.

HateKnuckle said...

One of the few sculptures on here worth anything. REALLY good. 5 stars.

Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:24 am
Thank you so much! That means a lot to me :)

Thank you! I enjoyed making it.

shadowrider said...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 12:23 am
This is so gorgeous!