Ripple/Wave; Cape Cod, Massachusetts | Teen Ink

Ripple/Wave; Cape Cod, Massachusetts

By Basile BRONZE, Walpole, Massachusetts
Basile BRONZE, Walpole, Massachusetts

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

I took this photo on a trip to Cape Cod in Massachusetts, a cherished place for beachgoers across New England. Cape Cod's innumerable beaches draw tourists every summer; at the peak of the season, one can feel very small amongst the sunseekers and the rollicking waves. When I took this photo, I decided to focus on the beach itself rather than any visitor. The photo represents a ripple- or perhaps just a very small wave- of sea water the minute it makes contact with the sand. When I visit the beach, I am always in search of this union of water and earth, constantly playing out amidst the shuffling of bikinis, iPods and ice cream cones. It is a very small touch- a momentary connection- of two vast, at times inconceivable things. Sometimes, a beach may cast light on how small one is compared with the earth itself.

Similar images

This photo has 0 comments.