Home > Art / Photo > Photographs > Visiting bird

Visiting bird

Report abuse
Description:
This bird visits my house almost every year. I, sadly, do not know what it's called, if anyone can identify it, I would very much appreciate that comment.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 17 comments. Post your own now!

IamtheStargirl said...
Okay, so my Dad says it's a woodpecker; seems plausible, what do you think?

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I admire your being able to take a picture of a bird. They always fly away when I try, blurring the image. It's really quite a beautiful one (sadly, I don't know what kind). It visits your house every year? That would make a good poem topic.

IamtheStargirl replied...

It's so funny how everyone thinks it's remarkable that I was able to photograph this one :)

It is beautiful, I agree whole-heartedly.

The bird seems very wholesome to me, almost domestic and maternal, you know what I mean?

I haven't noticed it this year, but I can never remember what time of year it comes around, and I haven't been outside much.

It would, I guess, that's a great idea :) The one problem is, I really just write my poetry on inspiration. I'll keep tha... (more »)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I know completely what you mean by wholesome. Ah, (wiping a tear from my eye) I love those spiritual and inspirational and musical and wise beings that we have deemed 'birds.'

IamtheStargirl replied...

You're so cute :)

Must be your spirit animal, or is it spirit giude?

Chimera said...
I love this, it's really a great photograph. Think it deserves to be in the magazine. 

IamtheStargirl replied...

I'm glad you think so highly of it! Sadly, the magazine does not have your opinion :(

Thank you!

Ardhoniel_Laeta said...
I believe it's a House Wren, Bryn :)

IamtheStargirl replied...
EMMA! Hahahahaha,  the bird is aptly named then :)

anythingandeverything said...
I love it! it's amazing it didn't fly away. it's centered well

IamtheStargirl replied...
Thank you!! He was actually way up on the point of my roof, so I don't think he ever even noticed me :)

LondonEye This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! I wish I could take photographs of birds like this without having them fly away first.

IamtheStargirl replied...
This little guy was actually up on my roof :) We have a two story house, so he didn't ever even notice me. I'm quite surprised my camera even zoomed in that far :)

MorganDanielle said...
This is truely a beautiful photo

IamtheStargirl replied...
Thank you! :)

akguthrie said...
I really like the composition of this.  The worm's eye view of the bird on the roof top, and how only the blue sky is in the background.

IamtheStargirl replied...
Thank you, I took a bunch of pics, and this is the one I liked best. I glad you like it :)