Home > Art / Photo > Photographs > Distorted View of Beauty

Distorted View of Beauty This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Report abuse
Description:
This photo features a bunch of ripped-up editorial pictures that represent our distorted and superficial view of beauty

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 7 comments. Post your own now!

JesusIsMySavior777 said...
this is dark and powerful. So much emotion is packed into it. You have a GIFT!!

AmirioF360 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks so much! I truly appreciate that :D

IamtheStargirl said...

This is so cool, and just slightly rebellious. Did you intend that?

Thanks for sharing, dear :)

Oct. 23, 2010 at 12:24 am
Thanks so much! But yes, I wanted to show my rebellion against the ridiculous standards set by the media, magazines, etc. on how we should look as a society.

Nomi_1234 replied...
I love what you were going for. Because soceity does, I'd agree with you, have a very superficial way of thinking what beauty really is. When truthfully beauty is what comes from God, and Him alone. It's gorgeous. 

_AMZ_ said...

Awesome work. I love the symbolism. You have said much and done well.

I have a piece that I painted on the same subject of perception of beauty being distorted and detrimental. Feel free-er than free to check it out and comment/ criticize.

Jun. 18, 2010 at 10:31 am
Gracias! I'd love to check out your work!