City Solitude | Teen Ink

City Solitude

By oceancitygirl BRONZE, Bellevue, Washington
oceancitygirl BRONZE, Bellevue, Washington

Similar images

This photo has 5 comments.

on Nov. 21 2013 at 5:37 pm
Fran333 PLATINUM, Santa Ana, Other

"If you're unwilling to be aware of the darkness, you cannot see the light."

I like your's too! :D 

on Nov. 19 2013 at 7:35 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

I agree! I love your perspective on this picture...

on Nov. 17 2013 at 11:11 pm
Fran333 PLATINUM, Santa Ana, Other

Haha :) I would have never thought of that. 
There's nothing wrong with being childish, some times kids can have a freshing and open point of view adults can miss. ...like the Little Prince
Although personally the silhouette makes me think of peaceful lakes ...of course it helps that it's surrounded by water, if one were to replace that with a dark allyway then that would change the whole story.

on Nov. 17 2013 at 5:25 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

I actually really like the opposite moods.. It gives you multiple things to look at in one picture, and it's like two stories being told, and one story being told. At the same time. I think the colors in the top half should be darker, just because they seem to blend in with the sky, but that's just an opinion thing. My favorite part is the duck's silhouette... it's like all of a sudden, ducks are evil! CHildish, i know. But that's what I thought of immediately!

on Sep. 3 2013 at 10:20 pm
Fran333 PLATINUM, Santa Ana, Other

Oh my gods! I love the sihlouette of the duck!!! and the contrast in color with the water, that would be a perfect picture just by it's self. I like the idea of the combo with the city too, but it's also like trying to blend opposite moods.