After Civilization | Teen Ink

After Civilization

By Katy Ma BRONZE, Warrington, Pennsylvania
Katy Ma BRONZE, Warrington, Pennsylvania

This photo was taken on a canoeing trip in the Pocono Mountains. I felt an unbreakable serenity while cruising down the river that almost reminded me of a scene from some apocalyptic movie. It was breathtaking!

Similar images

This photo has 6 comments.

Katy Ma BRONZE said...
wow, that really made me smile. goodluck on your endeavors! :)

person96 BRONZE, 1, Pennsylvania

‘You have deep-seated survival anxieties. And you don’t like bigots, bullies, snobs or hypocrites. Subconsciously there are many people you hate.’ ‘Consciously, sir, consciously,’ Yossarian corrected in an effort to help. ‘I hate them consciously.’ ‘You’re antagonistic to the idea of being robbed, exploited, degraded, humiliated or deceived. Misery depresses you. Ignorance depresses you. Persecution depresses you. Violence depresses you. Slums depress you. Greed depresses you. Crime depresses you. Corruption depresses you. You know, it wouldn’t surprise me if you’re a manic-depressive!’ ‘Yes, sir. Perhaps I am.’ ‘Don’t try to deny it.’ ‘I’m not denying it, sir,’ said Yossarian, pleased with the miraculous rapport that finally existed between them. ‘I agree with all you’ve said.’
‘Then you admit you’re crazy, do you?’ ‘Crazy?’ Yossarian was shocked. ‘What are you talking about? Why am I crazy? You’re the one who’s crazy!’ Major Sanderson turned red with indignation again and crashed both fists down upon his thighs. ‘Calling me crazy,’ he shouted in a sputtering rage, ‘is a typically sadistic and vindictive paranoiac reaction! You really are crazy!’

god I'm glad I saw this. some of my best memories are in the middle of the water on a canoe. now I'm gonna start getting excited for warm weather again

Katy Ma BRONZE said...
thank you :)

TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments which take your breath away.

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

Great view! I love the water, especially :)

Katy Ma BRONZE said...
thank you very much!

iloveyouihateyou GOLD, Lowell, Indiana

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

I love it. It's very stunning and love the whole idea of the pic