Home > Art / Photo > Pen & Ink > Exhaustion

Exhaustion

Report abuse
Description:
An unfortunate sketch done sometime around 1:00 a.m. For those who've grown tired of building a brick wall around themselves.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 7 comments. Post your own!

BlueBananas said...
It's just perfct! I love how the body is shaped. How long did it take you to draw this?

LondonEye This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 27, 2010 at 3:42 pm :
Oh, thank you so much! This actually only took me about half an hour  minutes to complete, whereas most of my sketches usually take a little longer. I guess it just came to me in a sudden burst of inspiration. :)

GirlInTheBeanie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
reminds me of myself :T beautiful job =.=

Nov. 27, 2010 at 3:39 pm :
Thank you! I'm glad that you can relate to this piece. :)

alanacarlene said...

This is really beautiful! It reminds me of Robert Frost's Mending Wall. Are you a ballerina or something? I find it intersting that this person is wearing a leotard and ballet slippers. Why did you depict her this way????

Great job! :)

Nov. 17, 2010 at 8:10 pm :

Oh, why thank you! 

Robert Frost's poems are quite beautiful. 

I, unfortunately, am not a ballerina, but I would be if I could choose anything in the world to be. The reason that the subjects of my drawings are almost always ballet dancers is because the strong and powerful body movements associated with ballet can easily convey the message through emotive imagery. With regards to this drawing in particular, I find ballerinas to be very stoic, elusive creatures almost ... (more »)

alanacarlene replied...
Nov. 18, 2010 at 8:43 pm :

Ah well that's quite interesting I'm definately going to have to check out some more of your work!

Would you mind checking out some of mine if you get the time please? Thanks:)