A Mid-Summer's Eve | Teen Ink

A Mid-Summer's Eve

By MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy SILVER, Chardon, Ohio
MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy SILVER, Chardon, Ohio

"One heartbeat."

"Our scars remind us of where we've been; they don't dictate where we're going."
-SSA David Rossi, Criminal Minds

Originally, I created this drawing(for once, I also colored a picture I drew!) for a teen manga contest at a local library. But unfortunately, I didn't win. I was disappointed, but we don't always get what we want. Oh well, better luck next time! Anyway, it's of a couple sitting on a park bench, holding hands. They boy is the MVP for their high schol's basketball team. The girl, is just sort of ordinary, not really popular, sort of person. Average. It's supposed to be set in the evening; hence the name, "...Eve."

Well, it's not my best artwork, but I hope you enjoy it. Please leave a comment and a rating. Thanks, and enjoy! XP

Similar images

This art has 3 comments.

on Sep. 26 2012 at 12:14 pm
vballgirl99 BRONZE, Atalnta, Georgia

"Practice makes perfect"

This is really good! I love your shading on the trees and the sun just poking over the horizon! Keep up the good work!:)

on Jul. 9 2010 at 1:18 pm

"One heartbeat."

-SSA David Rossi, Criminal Minds

Yeah. I never did get to see the winning drawing though. The owner took it home like right away. But, thanks, anyway!

on Jul. 8 2010 at 4:31 pm
MaryTD PLATINUM, Burns, Oregon

"To be great you must first be good."

"I'm not going to stay dead the rest of my life!" - Theo in The Kestrel

I'm sorry you didn't win. I think it's very good