Lord of the Flies | Teen Ink

Lord of the Flies

By VarneyVampire BRONZE, Muscoda, Wisconsin
VarneyVampire BRONZE, Muscoda, Wisconsin

"The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -
-- H. P. Lovecraft

I submited this drawing in our county fair, but I didn't do very well ranking-wise because the judge didn't like it because it wasn't feminine enough. Regardless of what that judge thought, I worked really hard on it, and I love how it turned out.

Similar images

This art has 5 comments.

TheJust ELITE said...
on Sep. 21 2010 at 5:53 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

I'm posting again, honestly what about "Lord of the Flies" is feminine? And what does it matter that it isn't feminine? Honestly, I can't stand open class fair judges, they drive me up the wall :P

TheJust ELITE said...
on Jun. 5 2010 at 8:08 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Why did he/she think it needed to be feminine?? Good drawing!!

on Mar. 9 2010 at 8:45 pm
Infear&Faith. SILVER, Kenton, Ohio

“Somewhere someone is thinking of you. Someone is calling you an angel. This person is using celestial colors to paint your image. Someone is making you into a vision so beautiful that it can only live in the mind. Someone is thinking of the way you"

Amazing, Amazing, AMAZING <3

on Feb. 24 2010 at 2:38 pm

-- H. P. Lovecraft

again thank you very much :)

Rennie BRONZE said...
on Feb. 23 2010 at 10:16 pm
Rennie BRONZE, Abbeville, Louisiana

You only have one life, so don't mess it up.

-Logan (My little brother)

This is awesome and half the time judges don't know what talent is! Been there, done that. I learned to stop caring about all the negative things this world continues to dwell on! I think this is just amazing! :)