Home > Art / Photo > Pastels > The Dying Dog

The Dying Dog

Report abuse
Description:
The work is a pastel portrait (15in x 20in) of the last moment of my friend's dying dog. I endeavour to capture the memory and everlasting emotion with art.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 9 comments. Post your own!

callie15 said...
I don't really like dogs (sorry majority of America, I'm a cat person), but this is really touching. The amount of detail that you put in this is astonding. Makes me want to hang it up in a little boy's bedroom :)

mmariiissolll said...
this is amazing. I love how you based it on your friends dying dog. 

Sparkora said...
Great work, it's very difficult to make fur look real,  but you did. I can sympathize with the dog's death, my own black lab died a couple months ago and I miss her every day, so this piece really spoke to me. I love it. 5 stars.

SkimKimchiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
awwwwwwwww..... It's very sweet and very sad at the same time :'(   5 stars

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 10:28 am:
very beautiful! and I'm sorry ofr ur friend! My the dogs rest in peace! :) U have talent! great job and keep drawing! :)(:

redhairCat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12, 2011 at 12:30 pm:
What a beautiful pastel!

sunriseusnset said...
May 26, 2011 at 12:42 pm:
that is so sad, but you captured a very great moment. this is so beautiful(: you have a gift, not just in the hands, but also in the mind.

Robert T. said...
May 20, 2011 at 8:02 pm:
This shows true skill, the texture itself is amazing, and it looks like photograph then a pastel drawing.

Fawny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 11, 2011 at 5:06 pm:
this is a very talented picture, and you can definitely tell it took talent to make. i love how the dogs are showing affection, for who can show more affection than dogs?? the whole aesthetic value is incredible. congratulations!!!