Trombone self portrait | Teen Ink

Trombone self portrait

By Tia123 GOLD, Haines, Alaska
Tia123 GOLD, Haines, Alaska

"Pile up too many tomorrows and you'll find that you've collected nothing but a bunch of empty yesterdays."
— The Music Man

It was an idea I’d been toying with for awhile. A reflection of myself, in my trombone. This was the perfect opportunity. Assignment: self-portrait pencil shading with a reflection. Perfect. I tried to include elements that would say something about myself, who I am, my interests, my feelings. On the left is a bookshelf, signifying my love of reading. Next to that is a wall from my bedroom, which is covered with pictures from a page-a-day art calendar I had, and various clippings from nature magazines. On the focal wall is a window looking out on a starry sky. I love staring at the stars. Something about the possibility of distant lands and unwished wishes plays the music of my heart, like a finely tuned violin - Plucking, and tremulous. On the right is, of course, myself, reflected in the bell of the trombone. Perhaps the music I play, and the words we say, and whatever we put out there is a reflection of who we are, and what we carry around inside us.

Similar images

This art has 0 comments.