Home > Art / Photo > Oil Paintings > Reaching Out To Life

Reaching Out To Life

Report abuse
Description:

More by this contributor

This art/photo has 13 comments. Post your own!

SetiziaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20, 2012 at 4:58 pm:

Unique. Especially the color choices; I haven't seen a painting that effectively uses brown until now.

Did you use a different type of canvas for this? Or did you have another way to employ texture. Because...let's just say the texture is just WOAH!

Deej6595This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 25, 2012 at 4:09 pm:
I like how you portrayed the frustration. The way the hand is reaching out to the audience.It's almost 3D. You are a good illustrator. Thank you very much for sharing.

Ashley M. said...
There are so many ways you can interpret this picture, it's great :D, I love the colors you used and his expression is fantastic

Compulsiveshoelace said...
Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:48 am:
This is so off-the-wall and quirky, great job!

coravecwriter said...
This is really realistic and amazing. I love the shades of brown you used. Great job!

FindSchwa84 said...
I love this!

alidanielle said...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:08 pm:
ahhh:]] this is soo cute and amazing! you have some freakin talent and theres no doubt about that!! great job:]

fall_from_grace said...
This is great. It makes me smile, which is a wonderful thing. I love seeing a portrait that isn't about how beautiful someone is, or how heart broken. He's just... goofy, weird, random. it's great.

onlyiz said...
Dec. 22, 2009 at 11:35 am:
woah this is trippy. very fun and interesting i like it very much. well done.

Shelby D. R. said...
Oct. 10, 2009 at 2:12 am:
I would have never thought that china markers/pencils on wood would have such a great contrast. Excellent representation of the soul of the artist. Knowing that this is a self portrait makes it all the more impressive for me as the patron viewing the art work. I can not wait to see what you will be doing next Jordan. Impressive!

Jamie E. said...
May 30, 2009 at 2:26 pm:
nice contrast

Brittany_Hello14 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 7, 2009 at 1:12 pm:
Wow man. this trips me out! Awesome!!!
Gnarly!
-Britt

p.s. - check out some of my stuff to leave some crazy comments!

jennnnnnn This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 5, 2009 at 11:39 pm:
wow, this is amazing. you have serious talent, i mean every little detail in this piece of work is just so vivid.

great job :)

itd be great if you could check out my photos, thanks! :)