Cherry Butterflies | Teen Ink

Cherry Butterflies MAG

By Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

"Poetry and art are when you take decades of thought and condense it into a nifty little portable carrying case that people can see and go 'Oooh, Ahh'... and then forget about it. But what does it matter, so long as YOU remember it?" ~ Bela

This isn't oil, it's acrylic. (But there's no acrylic section on Teenink, so it's in the oils category) But ah well. This is a 6 foot diameter fan I built during my senior year. It's a little unconventional; I opted for sturdiness over tradition and replaced the paper screen with canvas, but I still think it came out nice. Very graphiccy.

Similar images

This art has 11 comments.

Unknown0_0 said...
on Feb. 1 2012 at 11:11 am
Unknown0_0, Valrico, Florida
This is really pretty! I have always wanted a fan like that.

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

"For God so loved the world (you) that He gave His only begotten Son (Jesus), that whoever believes in Him should not perish (in Hell) but have everlasting life (in Heaven)." -John 3:16

Wow... That's amazing!

Noshabora GOLD said...
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

Yeah. Though I stretched canvas over the bamboo instead of paper.

Randamu said...
on Oct. 4 2011 at 10:31 am
Randamu, Helendale, California

You made the fan too?

Noshabora GOLD said...
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

Ummm... about 5 days? maybe less... It was awhile ago now. xD I remember I did it on rush-order to finish it in time for our school's art show. I had a pretty big chunk of wall to fill up, and this piece centered in it.

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

You're wlcome :3 How long did it took you to make that?

Noshabora GOLD said...
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

thanks. =3

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

Wow

Noshabora GOLD said...
on Jul. 22 2011 at 2:13 am
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

It's been up for sale for months now, why haven't you called? xD lol.

CarolynQ GOLD said...
on Jul. 22 2011 at 1:53 am
CarolynQ GOLD, Manalapan, New Jersey
I want this.... I think that kind of means that you did a really good job, because if this was just stick figures I would probably not want it, unless it was cool, but stick figures bore me. So wow... I want this.

colette.omelette BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
wow, this is beautiful! you're really talented.