Home > Art / Photo > Computer Graphics > Portrait Practice 2

Portrait Practice 2

Report abuse
Description:

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 9 comments. Post your own now!

KisilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:20 am
This is amazing! I love the eyes.

Moldova said...
Nice work!!

bookwormishgirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really, really nice. Can you specify exactly how you did it? Did you trace? Paint pixel-by-pixel? I've tried and tried to accomplish something like this (I just submitted my best work, but it's still pending approval). But I can never get it to be this quality. Tips?

Jessie17 replied...
thank you! sorry it took so long to write,well i use the software gimp. then i use the measure tool and hand draw a layout of the face, from there i downloaded a skin brush, then i fill in the layout, and lastly i burn and doge to make the highlights and shadows. hope this helps. i know how hard it is, i am new at this myself. i have only been doing it for about 4 months. Here is another tip if you are truly serious about your work, you should join the site deviantart there will be people to hel... (more »)

Christine18 said...
This is beautifully done! Made me smile. Keep working and yes challenge yourself. You have really strong skills. 

AquaMeiThursday20This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! It looks REAL! It's very life-like

Jessie17 replied...
thanks! I try my best.

RachaelRoth said...
Sept. 21, 2011 at 9:56 am
Very nice. The shading, proportions, everything is well done. My only suggestion is to try something other than people. I looked through all your work. You're very good at people, but I think you should try other things like buildings, landscapes, or animals as well. It will help you become a more well-rounded artist.

Jessie17 replied...
Sept. 21, 2011 at 11:08 am
thanks so much! I know I should work on other things, but compared to some other artist the people that I draw look like stick figures. I guess I am trying to concur one thing at a time. But thanks again! I really appreciate it.