The Fiery Shadows of Suicide

July 3, 2011
By julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon
julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon
17 articles 17 photos 223 comments

Favorite Quote:
The goal is not about living forever, the goal is about creating something that can.


Statistics say that around 60% of all teens today have thought about killing themselves. The redness in this drawing takes up 60% of the space and represents those with brooding thoughts, while the other 40% of the page is blue and represents those teens who have never thought about committing suicide. Suicide is a very major factor in today’s world and in our society. I made this picture so that we all could awaken to the reality of how significantly suicide affects our culture today.


Similar images


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This art/photo has 6 comments.


Shayna121 GOLD said...
on Jul. 20 2011 at 3:58 pm
Shayna121 GOLD, Port Charlotte, Florida
12 articles 0 photos 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
I am the master of my fate and the captain of my soul.

Intense! I like that you have the symbolism of 60% fire and 40%water...really well done :)

on Jul. 16 2011 at 9:03 pm
Studio_Riet GOLD, Tonasket, Washington
16 articles 0 photos 124 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Times you see, is a little arrangement that man has made for himself to try to measure the immeasurable mysteries of life." -Calypso to Ulysses (Bernard Evslin.)
"You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body" - CS Lewis

Wow. This is intence. I love it, though.

on Jul. 16 2011 at 9:50 am
HollyBell BRONZE, Orpington, Kent, Other
3 articles 0 photos 23 comments
Lol woops. Yeah, I'm rather new here so I haven't put anything up yet lol but I did a photography course year so I may put some of my photos from there on here and I do draw sometimes so we'll see :D , although I admit I'm more into the writing section and am currently just waiting for my poem to be subitted XD I just like looking at peoples artistic things too :D

julian GOLD said...
on Jul. 15 2011 at 6:44 pm
julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon
17 articles 17 photos 223 comments

Favorite Quote:
The goal is not about living forever, the goal is about creating something that can.

Or rather I will once you post something! I would love to see your work!

julian GOLD said...
on Jul. 15 2011 at 6:43 pm
julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon
17 articles 17 photos 223 comments

Favorite Quote:
The goal is not about living forever, the goal is about creating something that can.

Thanks so much! yeah, I figured it wouldn't make much sense without the description. I appreciate your feedback, and now I'm going to check out your work too!

on Jul. 15 2011 at 8:10 am
HollyBell BRONZE, Orpington, Kent, Other
3 articles 0 photos 23 comments
I like this. At first I didn't really get it, but the description shows that you've really put a lot of thought into this and provided a statistic as a piece of art work. It's slightly abstract yet well drawn too. Good job.




MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!