Home Alone A Movie Poster Design | Teen Ink

Home Alone A Movie Poster Design

By emenzel GOLD, Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey
emenzel GOLD, Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey

Home Alone
A Movie Poster Design by Ethan M.
For my movie poster I decided to creat a poster for the movie, “Home Alone”. This
movie is about an 8-year old troublemaker who must protect his home from a pair of
burglars when he is accidentally left home alone by his family during Christmas vacation.
For the imae, I choose the iconic house from the movie title in the begining of
the lm and traced over it using the pen tool. I locked down the image before
starting and when I was done I overlayed the image again making it look darker on
the edges. I played with dierent positions for my image, but I decided to make the
image full bleed and aligned to the center. I like how I added the yellow to the
window of the house to notify the readers that someone’s home.
I wanted to make the poster look similar to the actual movie poster, so I choose the
exact font that was used in the orignal poster. I justied the text, using tracking to
space out the phrase a family comedy without the family to line up with the title of
the movie Home Alone. I also rotated the e and added added a line between the title
and the catch phrase to make it look more like the orignal title of the movie. I used
contrast between the words to make the size of the words different. I repeted this
type treatment in the actors names and in the relese date. I used a sepreat font for
the little text at the bottom of the poster. This created an overall consistancy in the
design. Overall I think my movie poster was successful because I used the princaples
of design to efectively creat my movie poster that convays the movie well.

Similar images

This art has 0 comments.