Home > Art / Photo > Charcoals > Lest we Forget

Lest we Forget

Report abuse
Description:
I drew this for a Remberance day contest. It's supposed to be a soldier reading to another soldier who was injured in battle.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 7 comments. Post your own!

Fantasia80 said...
Reminds me of when my dad was an air force pilot.  When I saw him coming home he swooped me in his arms and spinned me in the air.  (I love your shading too!)  Nice drawing!

Lady_Lemon replied...
May 30, 2012 at 8:53 pm :
I actually think you couldve used more light, but hey, if Im the only one.... Great job!!!!!!!!! The shading is terrific and the detail is amazing! Oh and BTW, awesome use of space! Most people dont comment on that, but you use space perfectly! And now I must go, for I have run out of adjectives to describe this beautiful peice of art! (apparently I had one more up my sleave ;)  hehe)

NicoleHope said...
Mar. 14, 2012 at 11:56 am:
This is a great drawing. You should definitely work in some darker values - I know it's hard, but it really dfines depth. I had trouble with that, too, at first.

NickyJ said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:05 pm:
You have good values here. You should push the darks a bit more but overall its looking pretty good, anatomy is accurate.

It doesn't actually look like the Soldier is reading to the other Soldier, but its not such a big deal.

C.K.Snow said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:00 pm:
Thank you!

firecleansed said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 1:27 pm:
Excellent use of charcoal. Your use of black to white... Great work!

firecleansed said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 1:25 pm:
A great drawing. Your use of every shade from black to white is amazing.