Home > Art / Photo > Charcoals > Gladiator

Gladiator

Report abuse
Description:
Tags: rome gladiator

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 16 comments. Post your own!

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy said...
May 29, 2011 at 4:28 pm:
Very cool, very cool indeed. I, personally, would never have thought to try and draw a gladiator. Your blending is pretty good, but could use a little bit of improvement. Do you use blending tortillons?

Raggedman replied...
May 29, 2011 at 4:48 pm :
No I use my hand and this is the second to last photo the last one is better check back in a week or so.

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy replied...
May 29, 2011 at 6:32 pm :

Well, in that case, for using your hand, this is very good--the blending I mean. However, if you'd like to try them, I'd suggest trying some blending totillons, some of varying sizes. They're very useful and are designed just for blending. I never used to use them myself, seeing as many, if not nearly all, of my work is anime and not realistic. Although, I have done one realistic, which is published on here, and I've recently been working on creating more realistics, which if someone wanted t... (more »)

Raggedman replied...
May 29, 2011 at 6:34 pm :
Well I have tried them but I prefer using my fingers since I get more coverage.  The tortillions are never large enough.

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy replied...
May 29, 2011 at 7:01 pm :
I understand. Of course, nothing is ever perfect for everything. For example, you like to use your hands more, whereas I find it difficult and prefer to use tortillons. Ah, but if only there were one solution for everything! jk jk lol XP

Raggedman replied...
May 29, 2011 at 7:03 pm :
Yeah that would be nice wouldn't it?

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy replied...
May 29, 2011 at 7:13 pm :
Yeah it would. I mean, just imagine, all the things we wouldn't need anymore. We could just have one simple tool that would do everything and work miracles. :)

aurorawriter replied...
May 30, 2011 at 11:59 am :
I didn't know you drew too, Raggedman!

Raggedman replied...
May 30, 2011 at 12:00 pm :
yes I draw using charcoal.

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy replied...
May 30, 2011 at 2:21 pm :
Yeah, I can't do charcoal. I want to, and I want to get good at it, but I can never get anything I do with it to turn out at all like anything I want it to. XP So, instead, I stick with good old pencil and paper.

Raggedman replied...
May 30, 2011 at 2:22 pm :
I am terrible with pencil it is too permanent.

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy replied...
May 30, 2011 at 2:34 pm :
I understand. But sometimes, it depends on the type of pencil you use. If you use a premium selection that ranges from 4B to 4F to 5H, as I do, many of the pencils in that selection do tend to take more to erase, and the B sketching pencils don't really erase at all, but they smear very easily. Regular #2 pencils of course lean more towards the B type of pencils, as they aren't always the easiest to erase, if you followed all of that, lol XP

Raggedman replied...
May 30, 2011 at 2:37 pm :
yeah I understand but I still like charcoal.  I like charcoal because I have a darker style.

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy replied...
May 30, 2011 at 2:58 pm :
Ok. :) Whatever works best for you. :) We all like different things.

Raggedman replied...
May 30, 2011 at 3:00 pm :
I look forward to seeing some of your work.

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy replied...
May 30, 2011 at 3:02 pm :
I hope you do. :)