Hunger

Report abuse
Description:
I REALLY have NO idea where this came from. it's almost 4am, I've been working on it for the past few hours, because I can't sleep. and viola', we have some kind of nightmare drawing.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 47 comments. Post your own!

tomtamtimmy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 17, 2010 at 3:42 am:
awesome!!!!!!
one of the eye sockets is a mouth.
really abstarct = really cool
keep it up

Eniliuqcaj said...
Feb. 7, 2010 at 2:31 am:
i really love the way the whole image looks it gives it a fantasy sort of underworld beauty to it i really like it alot. check some of my stuff out too.

roseann This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 5, 2010 at 4:55 pm:
I love how you made everything dark except the 2 roses. The skull looks as if its gonna devour them. I know how it feels when you just have to finish something even if it costs you your sleep. When I ignore it, it just bug me! Love your art!

Noshabora This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 5, 2010 at 5:39 pm :
It's kind of ironic that you say the skull looks like it's going to devour the roses. You can't read it too well on this image, but the words in the clouds read "The roses are hungry". Blue roses have been known in various cultures and myths to represent "darker" aspects of life. They don't occur in Nature, and in some ancient myths, they are thought to be the only flower that grows in Hell . This all said, I found your comment rather amusing. Interesti... (more »)

Feb. 5, 2010 at 5:42 pm :
It's ironic that you say that, the words etched into the clouds, (They're hard to read in this image, but they are there) read "The roses are hungry". Blue Roses are known in many ancient myths to represent sin and evil. They never occur in nature. Some myths even claim that the roses were so beautiful, it was sinful, and they became the only flower to grow in the underworld.
I find it really amusing, how things can be interpreted so differently by different people.

weirdonpurpose said...
funny what comes to mind at 4am haha very nice. :)

oncebittenrose replied...
Feb. 17, 2010 at 7:59 pm :
truely it is funny