Home > Art / Photo > Charcoals > Sherlock

Sherlock

Report abuse
Description:
Some fan art/studying vine charcoal.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 4 comments. Post your own now!

AnnaOfMirkwoodThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 12 at 2:36 pm
Very beautiful. I really like your use of shading, and for it being one of your first charcoals, it's incredible. My first charcoal certainly didn't look like that!

SWKit_kat said...
I really enjoy this painting, a few critiques though: It seems to me that the right side of his face needs a bit more shading, I know that the picture must be really light but it still needs a little shading to retain the realisticness. Also the right eye doesn't seem to be tilting correctly with the face, it seems to be pointing down a little to much. Now for the compliments: I love the technique you used for the background and his clothing. I also like all the shading you were able... (more »)

DarkWillow replied...
Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:57 am
Hello, thank you for your critique! This was one of the first times I tried to use charcoal (I drew this in September 2012), and it is pretty annoying how charcoal isn't as eraseable as pencil. I was just relieved it was semi-recognizeable as Sherlock. I'm definitely aware that it has flaws X)

DragonBreath_94 said...
I love that show!!! Best rendition of Sherlock ever!