Castle | Teen Ink

Castle

By Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

"Poetry and art are when you take decades of thought and condense it into a nifty little portable carrying case that people can see and go 'Oooh, Ahh'... and then forget about it. But what does it matter, so long as YOU remember it?" ~ Bela

This... is and isn't an artwork of mine. Don't misunderstand, I certainly drew it, it's MINE, that's not what I mean. Look up "Keep of the Heart", (another colored pencil drawing) and you'll see what I mean. This is a piece of that larger drawing. See, this was the castle in the globe as I had drawn it originally, a dawn scene, the golden yellows mixing with blonde-ish tones, and very subtle violets. The only problem, I didn't feel it really did the picture as an entirety justice. It didn't fit as well. So I deepened the blues and violets, hightened the contrast a bit, brought more saturation to the sky, (made the color of it more intense)in order to shift the time of day to the startings of a sunset rather than sunrise. I thought it went better with the dragon clutching the globe, a subtle, impending doom. The dragon bringing an end, bringing the sunset. But, the castle by itself, looked WAY better in dawnlight.

Similar images

This art has 1 comment.

superswim_19 PLATINUM, Grand Haven, Michigan
beautiful i really like it!