No Place Like Home | Teen Ink

No Place Like Home

April 29, 2024
By 5roy BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
5roy BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The $333 a night price tag comes with many great services at the resort that meet all of its guests’ needs and wants. You are met with great service such as room service, a bell hopper, and a tour guide, in addition to a stunning view of the Gulf of Mexico in the big windows as soon as you walk into the hotel lobby. The rooms are tastefully decorated and have all the modern conveniences you could want when it comes to staying at a high end hotel like JW Marriot Marco Island. They also have lovely views of either the ocean or the tropical grounds on the property. 


The resort’s restaurants offer something for everyone to enjoy, from fresh fish to high-end Italian food. One of the best things about the resort is the restaurant, Ario. At this restaurant you can eat delicious steaks and seafood while taking in the view of the sunset on the Gulf of Mexico. 


The spa at the lodge is a perfect place to relax and treat yourself with a wide range of treatments such as massages, facials, customizable body wraps and treatments, and aromatherapy. 


Beyond the countless options at this resort to entertain all ages, the one that I was most excited about was the arcade room. From the hundreds of games and prizes you can win to the bowling lanes, it is a fun, cheap experience you can do at night. While bowling and gaming you can grab a quick snack or drink while watching any live sports teams. 


The two pools at this resort are fenced in with large palm trees, large pools with waterfalls and have different slides and floaties to offer. The only downside to the pools is that they are overcrowded with people trying to get chairs for the day. The pools are a good size but take up a lot of space leaving a minimal amount of space for people to sit and enjoy the sun. 


The JW Marriott Marco Island Resort & Spa is a haven of luxury and peace. It is a place that genuinely goes above and beyond for their customers. From the accommodations to the top-notch facilities and breathtaking views, this resort is guaranteed to leave you with lifelong memories, whether you’re looking for a family trip,  a romantic escape, or just a break from the daily grind.


The author's comments:

This piece was written in my composition class and I choose this hotel because it is the hotel that I have stayed at that has held the most memories and best times with me.