8 Dollar Dior? | Teen Ink

8 Dollar Dior?

April 29, 2024
By AnnabelleDaun BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
AnnabelleDaun BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I was scrolling on TicTok and every girl was talking about this new Elf lip oil that was supposed to be exactly like the expensive Dior ones. I knew I needed to try it, so I ran to the closest Target. 


The first few times I went they didn’t have the color I was looking for. But I finally found it after a few weeks of looking. And I had high expectations after seeing other’s reactions.


Elf is a makeup brand that has a pretty broad selection of makeup. The lip oil comes in 7 different colors: Pink Quartz, Honey Talks, Rose Envy, Coral Fixation, Red Delicious,  Jam Session, and Crystal Clear. The price is relatively cheap in comparison to other lip oils on the Market. It is only $8 and you can find it in a lot of stores like Target, Ulta Beauty, and online like on Amazon and the Elf website. 


So is it true that this product is almost identical to the Dior one? The product that this is replicating has a pretty high rating among other critics but I have not had the chance to try it out considering it sells  for $40. There are 8 Dior shades with all the same color pallets of the elf. 


I have tried two of the colors, Pink Quartz and Rose Envy, and they both  give hydration for hours. The lip oil helps smooth out any cracks and crevices you have in your lips. it also doesn’t leave any sticky residue on your lips after application. 


The Pink Quartz shade doesn’t leave much color on your lips but gives you a nice flush pink and smooths any cracks and dryness. The Rose Envy has a very pigmented color to it like lipstick and is more of a lip gloss but still has the same hydration factor. 


I think that if you are looking for a cheaper option for lip oils then the Elf lip oil is for you. I think tiktok was pretty accurate with its comparison to the Dior brand.


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece because I wanted to review the lip gloss from elf.